Dear Willington Residents:
Thank you to all of the residents who attended the ARPA Commission's last Public Hearing, held on July 11, 2022 and our regular meetings that have been held since (July 18th and August 1). During these meetings, the ARPA Commission has taken action on several funding requests.
The following projects were APPROVED pending the receipt of the second tranche of funding from the State of Connecticut (likely to arrive in Willington by 8/22/22):
- ARPA-17/18 - Walking track improvements at RRAC (Drainage & lights) (WPRC) - $220,000
- ARPA-20 - New Furnace for Fire House (WHFD) $20,000
- ARPA-28 - Technology upgrades at the Senior Center (WSC) $3,000
- ARPA-30A - Direct Emergency Call Line at Button Hill (WHA) $53,000
- ARPA-31 - Historical Society Archival Storage (WHS) $15,000
- ARPA-34 - Storage Box at DPW for Evictions (DPW) - $6,500
- ARPA-35 - Bring URCommunityCares.org to Willington (WHS) - $5,000
- ARPA-37 - 2022 John Deere Skid Steer (DPW) - $68,000
Requests that are TABLED for further consideration:
- ARPA-32 - Retention Bonuses for Town Employees (BOS) - $32,250 (waiting on input from the Board of Finance)
- ARPA-36 - Retention Bonuses for Fire Department Employees (WFD1) - $17,000 (waiting on input from the Board of Finance)
- ARPA-33 - Flags, Grave Markers and Monument Repair (WVF) - $6,500 (waiting on information regarding nonprofit status as it relates to purchase process)
- ARPA-39 - Repair of Library Building Structure (WPL) $27,600. (waiting for the next Public Hearing as this request came in after the last deadline but before requests were paused)
Requests that were REMOVED from consideration:
- ARPA-30B - Emergency Generator at Button Hill (WHA) $77,000
- ARPA-38 - Installation of Perimeter/Key Location Traffic Cameras (BOS) $220,000
Please note that the 8/15/22 meeting has been cancelled and the next meeting of the ARPA Commission is Monday, August 29th at 1:30pm. Because the Town has not received the second tranche of ARPA funding from the State yet, the funding application process will remain PAUSED until further notice. $202,536.26 remains to be appropriated.
Thank you for your participation in this process. To view a full list of projects that have been approved to date, please see the attached document.
Chair, ARPA Commission
The Willington American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Commission is in the beginning stages of accepting and evaluating requests for funding for projects, equipment and programs that would benefit the residents of the Town of Willington.
Eligible uses for funds include:
➢ Support the public health response
➢ Address negative economic impacts of the pandemic
➢ Investments in water and sewer
➢ Broadband infrastructure
➢ Replace loss of public sector (municipal) revenue
Are you a small business or non-profit who has been impacted by COVID-19? Click here to learn about the Business Resilience Investment Grant (BRIG) program! https://www.willingtonct.gov/BRIG
Please refer to the State Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (SLFRF) Final Rule Overview https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/SLFRF-Final-Rule-Overview.pdf for more detail on eligible uses for funds.
Requests for ARPA Funding must be made using the electronic form linked on this page and may come from Town Departments, Boards or Commissions, and other qualified entities.
Please provide as much information as possible with your submission. Additional information may be requested. Only one request per project or expenditure will be accepted. Funding should only be requested by the person who will be managing the project or purchase process.
The ARPA Commission will meet on the first and third Monday of every month at 1:30pm. Agendas will be posted the prior Friday and all submissions received by 9AM on that date will be listed for consideration and possible action on the agenda. Public input is encouraged and there will be opportunities for "Present to Speak" at all meetings.
The ARPA Commission has a tremendous responsibility and we thank you for your patience with us as we work out the process of how to decide the best way to allocate the funds Willington has received. Our goal is to have as much transparency and public input as possible and we appreciate your cooperation.
Please direct any questions to Christina Mailhos, Chair, ARPA Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LINK TO APPLICATION: https://willingtonct.viewpointcloud.com/categories/1092/record-types/6478
State Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (SLFRF) Final Rule Overview https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/SLFRF-Final-Rule-Overview.pdf
State Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (SLFRF) Final Rule (Full) https://home.treasury.gov/system/files/136/SLFRF-Final-Rule.pdf
Orig. Vol: V9 P0925; pg 129 ordinance book
Charge of committee discussed at first meeting. Terms will expire once charge has been met.
Emergency Management Director
Public Works Director
Human Services Director
Parks & Recreation
Board of Finance