Click here to access the Employment Application (for Town positions only)
P/T Admin. Assistant. – Public Works Department
The Town of Willington seeks a part-time Administrative Assistant for the Public Works Department. This is a 15-hour per week union position that does not include benefits. Salary: $19.75 per hour. The ideal candidate must have the ability to work independently and have excellent customer service skills. A minimum of 2 years’ experience is required. This position entails working within a garage setting.
The deadline for submissions is Monday, June 14, 2023 by 2:00 P.M.
For a complete job description, click here
Assistant Land Use Agent
The Land Use Department seeks a full time Assistant Land Use Agent. 35 hours per week – includes benefits. Salary $22.31 per hour.
This is a technical position that will assist the Zoning Agent, providing general administration and enforcement on behalf of the Planning and Zoning Commission and Inland Wetlands & Watercourse Commission as well as the Zoning Board of Appeals.
Applications will be reviewed upon submission accepted until a candidate has been selected.
For a complete job description, click here
Head Lifeguard Job Description
Under close supervision of the Director of Parks & Recreation, the Head Lifeguard performs professional duties in ensuring effective performance of lifeguard functions. Assists in training, scheduling and appraising lifeguards. Ensures that lifesaving certification is current and that all lifeguards are fully competent in performing water rescue procedures and coordinates in ensuring safety of patrons in and around the pond and monitoring swimmers and to enforce all safety rules.
- Performs all lifeguard responsibilities including monitoring pond activities, applying first aid and performing water rescues as necessary.
- Ensures that swimmers are well supervised in and out of the pond. Fills in for lifeguards as necessary or finds replacements for coverage.
- Orients new lifeguards to job duties and responsibilities. Ensures that all lifeguards are current on their training and certifications.
- Schedules, coordinates and conducts in-service training. Ensures that lifeguards are fully competent in first aid, CPR, and all water rescue techniques.
- Assists with the scheduling of lifeguards to ensure that adequate coverage of Hall’s Pond is maintained during operating hours.
- Ensures that lifeguards perform in accordance with established safety regulations and policies.
- Keeps management well informed of pond maintenance needs including cleaning and any necessary facility repairs.
- Inventories and recognizes when supplies or equipment need to be replaced and communicates the needs to the Director of Parks & Recreation.
- Interfaces with patrons regarding concerns, problems, or any other significant issues. Provides input and feedback while responding to problems.
- Ensures that aquatic programs are occurring as desired and assists with the overall management of swimming events.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent;
- Two years paid lifeguard experience or previous lifeguard supervisory experience;
- Must possess American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certification with Waterfront Skills;
- Must possess American Red Cross Training certification in First Aid and CPR;
- Ability to pass a prepared water test.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of lifesaving techniques including backboard rescue;
- Strong swimming and lifesaving abilities;
- Ability to communicate effectively with patrons, supervisors and other employees;
- Ability to remain alert, attentive and responsible;
- Ability to be a team player.
Reports to: Director of Parks & Recreation
This is a part-time, seasonal position with no benefits.
Preferred candidates will be subject to a background check. Positions open until filled.
Application Process: (Applications accepted January to May and will be kept on file and considered as the need arises.)
Please complete a Town of Willington Employment Application. Send application to Willington Parks and Recreation at CKelly@willingtonct.gov or call 860-487-3108 for more information.
Applications for all openings are available through the link above or from the Selectman’s Office; 40 Old Farms Road, Willington, CT 06279
The Town of Willington is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer